Tuesday 22 July 2008

Trun around

Well i haven written in a little under a week, but ive been really with jobs around the house. Parents house is being extended so im helping around with whatever i can do, at the moment mainly painting and decorating. Anyway, ive only been able to play about 3-4 hrs every afternoon, but ive been running really well. Getting PokerTracker again has just improved my game my leaps and bounds. Ive made $50 at the 2NL tables since last Teusday, which i think is pretty damn good. However my stats are worrying me, im obviously playing as a nit at this level, however thinking about this, ive decided that its probably the only way to make consistent profit at this level and the best way to seperate the donks from their FR winnings. Anyway this success has led to think about moving up levels. I posted on CC and got some excellant advice from Jagsti basically saying that everyones different and only I'll know when its time to move. I decided to stay at 2NL until ~$220, but last night a CC ring game started at 5NL, so i sat down with a full stack, and left an hour later +$25. I was catching some SICK cards, and some nice suckouts. I think im gonna carry on playing 5NL for a while, and if a drop down 3-buy ins ill drop back down and grind it out. These winnings have been supplemented with $25 PS kindly gave me for a successful collusion report, this just proves why PS is the best site on the web. Anyway this is my graph (theres a big spike at the end which is kinda hard to see but is the CC ring game):










Right, i though id include some hands from the CC session. Id include some 2NL hands, but its all ABC stuff and pretty dull.

Okay this hand was my big winner (sorry Freak), and i really tanked the turn-shove. The way i saw it, i was either WB or slightly ahead. I just couldnt figure a hand apart from AA or KK that would shove the turn that beat me, as i figured a hand like AhKh would flat call and slow play. I also though i was ahead of hands like Ah10x or Jh9x. Still not sure if it was the right long term call but it worked here:




The beautiful 7-2 game. Zach said i had the best hand either way :)



Any finally, a runner-runner to take some chips form Zach. I c-bet the flop, then checked behind on the turn as i figured i was behind something like AQ, JJ ect. Hit the runner-runner straight, and over bet the pot to try and rep 7-2 trying to buy the pot.

No comments: