Friday 29 August 2008

25NL - The Comeback

Well despite my rant yesterday (I was obivously tiliting more than a three legged table)I never acttually moved down to 10NL. Even at my lowest point ~$640 I still had over 25 buy ins at 25NL. I suppose thats the benefits of being overrolled when you move up. So i decided to battle through this swing, and stick at 25NL, refusing to admit defeat. Ive noticed a pattern with my play, im MOST likley to lose a load of $$ within the first 10 mins of playing. I dont know if thats becasue I tend to play looser in those first 10min as im settling in, or if its just bad luck but as i started my session today within the first 10mins I had dropped 2 whole buy ins. One of them ill show below, the other was calling down TPTK on a 60/10 who turned a straight. I dont think I played either hand terribly.

Im still settling into 25nl, and i need to stop stacking light against people without full stacks. Ill stack a $15 stack light just because he doesnt buy in for hte whole amount and in weird some way that makes me think he just isnt a good player. Kinda a smallish leak I need to plug. Ive also GOTTA start using my stats more. Sometimes ill still make decisions without looking at a players stats or stack, for example c-betting a super short stack who has a 20% fold to cbet and is shoving ATC. I think its just the rush of the new limit getting to me. Im finally tightening up, but still throwing some wacky hands out there to keep my fishies guessing (an example below). Anyway im actually UP $30 at the end of 500 hand session, so i actually managed to win back my two stacks and then a third. Not bad, heres some highlights

Hand 1: The villian is this hand has been playing a bit wildish 30/20 so not a SLAG but definetly not your standard TAG. The guy who flats behind me is a total donk, 70/40 and was the reason i was at the table. He had shoved with 34s before so i shove my hand hoping to catch two fishies, only one calls and he has me crushed, ah well. I kinda forgot my own rule 'The limp-shove is ONLY aces or kings'.



Hand 2: Unwilling to let go of KK on a paired board against a medium stack. His stats were 36/4 so i dont think i was ever laying it down, he could easilyt have JJ-99, AK, AJ which i think hed olay the same




Hand 3: Now for some winning hands. This is a kinda crazy hand but so be it. The guy on my right is a CCer 'Insolitude' and is playing a standard TAG game. In flat his raise with suited gap connectors (lol) hoping to catch a nice disguised flop and stack. A LAG flats behinf me so three tot he flop. A decide to lead out on the flop repping AK, KQ ect and the LAG play min raised. I HATE min raises, and hed been playing back at me alot so i flat him. Turn comes, and im golden. Rest is history.



Hand 4: This was my big money maker. I pump up the limpers expecting to take it down but get called. I hit my ace on a great board and decide to just lead out. The guy who min-raises me is a standard TAG 20/15 ish so i 100% certain hes not holding something like A3 ect, so the only hands im scared of are AA and 33. Ofcourse im shoving this, he makes a bad call and i take a nice pot.




Thats about it, as always feedback is welcome on all hands ect. GL all!

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

First hand I like the large raise size but with 1 caller and 1 shover you gotta think at BEST you're in a coin flip situation. hard to get away from it, but it is a bit of a cooler. That's the danger of FR and going AIPF with QQ.

Second hand - your first mistake was sitting at this table. There are SIX shortstackers! WTF! Don't sit at this type of table again. Honestly, you probably should have just thrown in a raise for $6 preflop with all those limpers and just figured one of those bastards would call. Anyways, bad table, bad situation, bad cooler.

Hand 3: What on earth are you doing calling a 4xbb raise with 63s in MP2? There is no logical explanation for that other than misclick. Suited two-gappers calling that kind of raise in that position is long term -EV big time man. You got real real lucky here, no question.

Hand 4: I would have made that bet at the flop $5 but the $4 isn't horrible. Nice job stacking, there's no way he had a hand that beat you in that situation.