Tuesday 26 August 2008

The move to 25NL, serious profits!

Well ive been running pretty well for the second half of this month, and finally decided to take the plunge into 25NL yesterday with 27 buy ins, im such a BR nit. It went B-E-A-UTIFULLY. Everytime ive moved up in limits so far ive had a really poor run and dropped down, not this time! I think it was the combination of the confidence in my play and the large BR cushion I had built myself. As Sindri said in a post earlier im moving up much quicker then expected. Barley two months ago i deposited $50 onto PS, and now im brushing the $800 mark playing at stakes where AI pot represents my initial deposit. I can honestly say the reason ive managed to move up so quick is CC, without id probably still be scrounging around at 2NL thinking my 10-7 suited was a okay hand to call a 3bet.

Anyway onto some hands:

My first ever hand at 25NL could not have gone better!!!




Another stack, playing a bit LAGgy with raising OOP with SC's, but sometimes it pays off and this was one of those times:



Is A-high good enough? I dont think so....




Of course i didnt win everything. In fact this hand I played HORRIBLY. This was in the middle of my session and i think winning was getting to my head. I was feeling untouchable. The re-re-raise on the paired board is just awful. Ever heard of WA/WB Angus??? The river bet is even worse. I honestly wasnt concentrating at all as my sis had just come back from a years travelling and I literally just chatting to her, not really looking at the screen. Ah well, we live and learn. Laugh away!




So anyway all in all a very nice opening day at 25NL. I know im on a bit of a heater but even so I dont think 25NL presented that much trouble for me. 50NL in a week then??

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

Very nice post man. Yeah that AJ had was brutal. BRUTAL. I disagreed with every single move you made on that hand, so I am glad you recognize how ugly that was.

First AJo with that position to a raise and a caller - FOLD. Second I don't mind the check at the flop since you are first to act but I think this is a situation where a donk bet is okay. You're definitely in a WA/WB situation so this bet will gauge that for you. The min-raise at the flop is inexplicable. Misclick? Brainfart? heh, we've all been there. I'm glad you checked the turn but after he called your min raise what was the plan?

Don't do that again ;) Otherwise your other hands looked good, very solid and got value!

You'll find if you play TAG and don't get carried away postflop with marginal hands like TPTK you'll run at 5bb/100 consistently for months (like I have). Enjoy the fish since I am leaving the waters soon for 50nl ;)