Sunday 31 August 2008

Last nights move to 10NL

After a simply awful start to yesterday (two FHs under FHs as you can see below) I decided to swallow my pride and take a step down. Not for financial reasons, I still had over 25 buy ins, but because I realised I wasnt playing to the best of my ability. I was starting to play a little desperate trying to win back lost money. So I moved down to 10NL for the night and LOVED it. I was able to play 6 tables again, something I missed. I realised that I could really crush 10NL without much idfficulty, and im not trying to sound cocky or boastful. I plugged in 1.8K hands over 3 hours, one of my biggest sessions this month, and finished up 4 buy ins, so nearly covering my loses from 25nl. I think im going to stick at 10NL today, and move back up to 25nl tommorrow as its a new month and I want to get silverstar status.

So anyway on to yesterdays sessions, I picked some hands you'll like and some you might not :)

Hand 1: KK runs into AA. Yes i shove PF after a limp-raise but im not folding KK PF at this level. I had an inkling this guy had the rockets but hed been playing a bit weird and had done the exact same think with AK so i didnt mind getting my chips in when I did. This didnt get to me though, I just let it sliiiiide.



Hand 2: Im not sure how people will take this hand. Yes I know limping OOP with K10s isnt a great move but there was reason behind the madness. Id noticed the villian who raised tends to raise when theres alot of deadmoney in the middle, and then was willing to bet all three streets, btu he wouldnt get in a raised pot. Basically I was trying to isolate him without raising as he'd yet to call one of my PF raises. It worked out magically.




Hand 3: Haha right i know that IceMonkey isnt going to like this hand! But this is why sometimes aslong as the right condidions are met, ill call a standard raise with a less then great hand (conditions being the inital raiser has a full stack adn tightish stats). I do this for a couple reasons. 1. Youll either win a big pot, or lose a small as you wont commit more chips unless you improve drastically. 2. You hand is REALLY disguised as so far youve only shown down premium hands. 3. Good for your image and metagame. Anyway heres an example of it working



Hand 4: Quads get payed off by a absolutle moron. Did he realise that any 4 or 2 beat him? This is a great example of how NOT to slowplay.



Hand 5: Finally im on the RIGHT side of a set over set. I decided to flat the flop as the boards so dry a raise would have scared everyone off. I shove turn fairly confident I would get at least one caller, but both come and in the end im sitting 400bb deep on that table. Nice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you can swollow your pride and go back to crushing 10NL.
Hope your second attemped at 25NL goes a litle better :).

p.s In the K10 hand shouldnt you raise more on the turn? Your giving 4,3-1 to call and there are 2hearts on board and he could easily be drawing to a flush.

Angus1412 said...

To be honest his range is absolutlety massive, hes playing so loose that the raise was only to make sure I could commit all my chips on the river regardless of what it was. I really wasnt worried about him having the flush.