Wednesday 17 September 2008

Mid-Month Update

Well its been a while since I wrote here so this is a quick update and explanation. The last month has been shit busy. I mean like, ive done fuck all for two months previous and now its all come back to bite me on the arse (only fair). I had to make my first trip up to my new house, start moving things there (its a 4 hour drive either way), change my module choices, register for uni, and do a crapboatload of other things too. Also this is my first house, well shared house, where im in charge of my own shit so ive been trying to make sure everythings sorted out first so i can have a quiet year without disasters. Due to this I had to drop out of the HU championship (sorru JD and Jurn!), I did send Jurn 5$ but we had the name wrong so ive now sent it again, hopefully itll get through this time! I also had to drop out of the Guys vs Girls challenge which really sucked (sorry Daks). All this dropping and flaking is making me more cautious about signing up to things I might not be able to fully commit to later. Anyway, apolagies to anyone who this effected!!

Anyway onto poker. I managed to play a couple hands at the start of the month, and quite a few the in this last week so im actually not TOO far behind my goals for hands played this month. The month started really bad, swinging like a pendulum and struggling to break even. I decided to take a break from FR and follow the CC train to 6max. Started at 10nl which im overrolled for and after 6k hands at 10nl I moved up to 25NL and have been running really well! Finally my big hands are being payed off, im catching donks left right and center, and in general everythings going great! This lead to a great moment for me, finally smashing through $800 which id be dithering with for like weeks! Im up to like $850 now, which still blows my mind as I think about two months ago when I deposited my $50 and started my cash game life.

NL25 6max: 6543 hands, $120.05, 18bb/100

Mid month graph:












Last 5 sessions, running hot (finally above ev first time this month!)!





So yea thats basically it, hopefully I can continue to run well at 25NL and hit $1000 before september ends. Ill try post some hands and shit soon!

1 comment:

Icemonkey9 said...

Hey bud I actually avoided a couple of tables at 25nl 6m today because I saw you playing there. You are believing now what I have been telling people, that 25nl 6m is a very fishy and fun game to play. Trust me 8bb/100 is *very* sustainable (it's where I'm at after 10k hands played at this level).

Pretty nice run ... get ready for some swings because of the nature of 6max, but keep a level head and you'll be moving up with me to 50nl soon enough.